Never Fail Play Dough Recipe
2 cups flour
2 tbsp alum
2 cups water
1 cup salt
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Few drops of food coloring
Secret hints: sometimes a few drops of extract makes a yummy smell too.
- Put flour and alum in a bowl. Make a hole in the middle.
- Bring water and salt to a rapid boil in a pot on the stove, and then add oil and food coloring.
- Add liquid mixture to the hole in the bowl of flour.
- Mix quickly with a wooden spoon.
- When dough is cool enough, knead well with your hands.
- This is very much like the play dough you buy and will keep for months if stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.
**NOTE** Use rubber gloves to mix it b/c of the heat and it won’t stick to your hands.